Standlee PREMIUM TIMOTHY GRASS COMPRESSED BALE
Premium Timothy Grass Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage creates compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed and then banded. Timothy Grass forage is highly palatable, is low to moderate in protein and high in digestible fiber.
Growing (slow to moderate growth), mature and overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, early pregnancy mares and breeding stallions
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage, or consult with your veterinarian.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Moderate protein
- Lower calories than alfalfa or mixed forages
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
|Crude Protein||Min 8%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 35%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage