Standlee PREMIUM ALFALFA CUBES
Premium Alfalfa Cubes are formed by coarsely grinding Standlee Premium Western Forage and forcing it through a large die with heat and steam. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in carbohydrates
- Large diameter slows down aggressive eaters
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Easy to feed and store
- Minimal dust
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Western Forage cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Bentonite