Standlee PREMIUM ALFALFA COMPRESSED BALE
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses sensitive to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late in pregnancy and lactating mares
Premium Alfalfa Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee forage to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Products creates compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed and then banded. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.
- Tips for Feeding Compressed Bales
- Feeding Instructions for Other Animals
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in sugar/starch
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
|Crude Protein||Min 16%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 30%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage